Sri Chinmoy 5K & 10-Mile
Enjoy the park in full spring glory!
About the event
** THIS RACE TOOK PLACE IN 2021, AND NO LONGER TAKES PLACE. RESULTS CAN BE ACCESSES BELOW UNDER PREVIOUS RESULTS **
Please check our online calendar for a list of upcoming events.
A scenic loop course (a few hills), traveling counterclockwise on the pedestrian lane of the main Park Drive, through forest and meadow. Starting at the north end of the Lincoln Rd. Lawns, continuing through Battle pass, past Nellie’s Lawn, down Long Meadow, past Lookout Hill, alongside Prospect Park Lake, and finishing back at Lincoln Rd. Lawns. 5K option this year will actually be 5.3K (3.3 miles, 1 loop) due to the park's Covid restrictions, however there will be a sign posted at the 5K mark and we will provide calculated 5K times in the results for all finishers based on their 5.3K times.
10-Mile option will be exactly 10 miles, and is three full loops.
** NOTE: if registering after 6pm on Saturday, May 15, you will need to pick up your packet at the race **
All participants will receive a race shirt and bib in the mail in advance of the race, to further limit on-site interactions on race-day.
The cost of shipping is included in the race registration fee. You will be notified by email when your package ships, which will be about 6 days before the race. Please help us by registering early, entering a valid U.S. shipping address including apartment number, if applicable, and adding email@example.com to your address book to ensure you receive all notifications.
Free race shirts guaranteed for all participants registered by May 14.
T-Shirt sizes are Unisex: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2XL
We'll do our best to provide shirts for those who register after May 14, but no guarantees!
Men’s and Women’s awards categories, for 5K and 10-Mile:
Under 50: Top 3
50 & over: First place
Medals for all finishers
Awards will be mailed to winners after the race (no awards ceremony at the race)
5K: 1 hour (20 min/mile pace)
10-Mile: 2hr, 30 min (15 min/mile pace)
5K: 13 & up
10-Mile: 16 & up
The following is a list of measures we are taking in order to help protect the health and safety of participants and race personnel. As the situation is subject to change, this page may be updated. Please make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book in order to receive important race updates.
- This race is capped and may sell out early. You must register in advance, there will be no race-day registration.
- in the 14 days prior to the event if you 1) experience COVID-19 symptoms, or 2) test positive for COVID-19, or 3) come in close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case, you may not attend the event.
- Only registered runners with their race bib pinned to the front of their shirt will be permitted in the race staging area. Sorry, strictly no guests / spectators.
- Face coverings and physical distancing (min. 6 ft.) are mandatory at all times in the race staging area.
- There will be multiple wave starts from 8:00-9:00AM. You will be pre-assigned a wave and informed via email of your wave start time at least 3 days before the race. You cannot switch waves.
- Face coverings are required during the race when physical distancing is not possible.
- Sealed water bottles will be available aid stations along the course and at the start and finish
- After finishing, please exit the race area as soon as possible to prevent crowding.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days following the event, you must notify us immediately.
Event Cancellation Policy
We live in uncertain times. If we are forced to cancel this event owing to circumstances beyond our control, including, but not limited to:
- New or modified COVID-19 regulations/restrictions imposed by park officials or city or state governments;
- Unsafe conditions in the park, including weather-related conditions;
the event will be converted to a virtual one. Registered participants will still receive race shirts and finisher medals in the mail upon completion of the virtual race, and trophies will be mailed to winners as per the awards breakdown above.
Refunds: We're sorry, but we cannot issue refunds, credit or deferrals within 30 days of the original event date, as most expenses (such as race shirts, trophies, finisher medals) have been paid for. If the event is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the original event date, we will contact registered participants with race refund / credit / deferral options.
Visit us in Queens
Stop by for a visit! Enjoy food, shopping & more, in a peaceful atmosphere:
Guru Health Foods (718) 291-7406
Divine Robe Supreme (Clothing and gift boutique) (718) 523-2082
Guru Stationery (Stationery and gift shop) (718) 523-3471
The Garland of Divinity's Love (Flowers for all occasions) (718) 523-3692
Subway is by far the easiest way to travel to the race.
Take the Q train or S (Franklin Ave. Shuttle) to the Prospect Park stop (B train does not run on weekends). Take the "Lincoln Rd." exit out of the station, turn right onto Lincoln Rd., after 1/2 block cross Ocean Ave. and continue straight into the Park another 100 meters, turn right at the light onto East Dr., Race-Day Central will be on the grassy area on your left.
You can also take the F train to 15 St.-Prospect Park stop and walk about one mile across the park to the race.
Or enter "East Dr. & E. Lake Dr., Brooklyn, NY 11225" into any navigation app
We strongly recommend taking public transportation as street parking is very limited.
However, if you are dropping someone off or picking them up, the Lincolnd Rd. entrance is the closest entrance to Race-Day Central, and start and finish (about 200 meters walk)
Enter "Lincoln Rd. and Ocean Ave., Brooklyn, NY" into any navigation app or click here to open location in Google maps.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...