Updated for Covid
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team (SCMT) of New York has updated its race credit / refund policy. Most other races in New York do not allow refunds or race credits under any circumstances, however, we strive to maintain as generous a credit/refund policy as we possibly can without overburdening our all-volunteer staff or incurring a financial loss. Please understand that we pay for most event expenses well in advance of the event. As one example, we order and pay for T-shirts and finisher medals for all participants three to four weeks prior to any event.
Thank you for your understanding,
Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team of NY
RACE CREDIT / REFUND POLICY
Please read the following completely before sending a request:
If request is received…
…Less than 48 hours prior to event:
No refunds, no race credit under any circumstances
…48 hours - 21 days prior to event:
no refunds, no race credit, with the exception of documented medical cases (see requirements below)
…21 - 45 days prior to event:
50% race credit** only, less online processing fee (if registered online). No refunds
… 45 days or more prior to event:
Registration fee will be refunded back to original payment credit card*, or check if paid by check, or in some cases race credit** may be issued that can be used toward our future events. The online processing fee (if registered online) as well as the SCMT processing fee of $5 will be deducted from the refund or race credit.
HOW TO REQUEST RACE CREDIT OR REFUND:
1. Requests must be received in writing:
- by email to [email protected], or
- by mail, addressed to:
Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team - Refund Request
150-47 87th Ave.
Jamaica, NY 11432
2. The request must include:
- Full name of participant
- Email address associated with the registration
- Event name / date
- Registration platform, if registered online (RedPodium, Active, or RunSignUp, etc.). This is needed to locate your record
- For medical exceptions, please see requirements below
In the case of injury or illness, in addition to the information above, a signed letter from a qualified medical practitioner must be submitted, with the following requirements:
- We must receive the letter at least 48 hours prior to the event, by email (color scan) or by mail.
- The letter must be on the practitioner’s letterhead, including the address and phone number of the practitioner.
- The text of the letter must name the participant, describe his/her injury or illness, and reason for not being able to compete in the event
- The letter must be signed and dated by the practitioner.
Once the letter is verified, a full refund or race credit**, less the online processing fee and SCMT processing fee of $5 will be issued back to the purchase credit card*, or refund check issued if the entry was paid by check.
*Credit card refunds: If the date of the refund request is more than 85 days after the date the participant registered for the event, a race credit may be issued instead of a credit card refund, at the discretion of the SCMT.
**Race Credit will be issued in the form of a coupon code, which can be redeemed online through the SCMT RedPodium registration pages for any of our races in the New York area of Marathon distance or less. Coupon expires 1 year from date of issue.
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team reserves the right to update this policy at any time