We strive to maintain as generous a credit/refund policy as we possibly can, without overburdening our all-volunteer staff, or incurring a financial loss. For comparison, most other races in New York do not allow refunds or race credits under any circumstances.
The time windows listed below are largely due to the fact that we pay for most event expenses well in advance of the event. As one example, we order and pay for shirts and finisher medals for all participants 5-6 weeks prior to any event.
Thank you for your understanding,
Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team of NY
RACE CREDIT / REFUND POLICY
Please read the following completely before sending a request:
If request is received:
Less than 48 hours prior to event:
No refunds, no race credit under any circumstances
48 hours - 21 days prior to event:
no refunds, no race credit, with the exception of documented medical cases (see requirements below)
21 - 45 days prior to event:
50% race credit** only, less online processing fee (if registered online). No refunds
45 days or more prior to event:
Registration fee will be refunded back to original payment credit card*, or check if paid by check, or in some cases race credit** may be issued. The online processing fee (if registered online) as well as the SCMT processing fee of $5 will be deducted from the refund or race credit.
HOW TO REQUEST A RACE CREDIT OR REFUND:
1. Requests must be received in writing:
- by email to email@example.com, or
- by mail, addressed to:
Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team - Refund Request
150-47 87th Ave.
Jamaica, NY 11432
2. The request must include:
- Full name of participant
- Email address associated with the registration
- Event name / date
- Registration platform, if registered online (RedPodium, Active, or RunSignUp, etc.). This is needed to locate your record
- For medical exceptions, please see requirements below
In the case of injury or illness, in addition to the information above, a signed letter from a qualified medical practitioner must be submitted, with the following requirements:
- We must receive the letter at least 48 hours prior to the event, by email (color scan) or by mail.
- The letter must be on the practitioner’s letterhead, including the address and phone number of the practitioner.
- The text of the letter must name the participant, describe his/her injury or illness, and reason for not being able to compete in the event
- The letter must be signed and dated by the practitioner.
Once the letter is verified, a race credit**, less the online processing fee and SCMT processing fee of $5 will be issued back to the purchase credit card*, or refund check issued if the entry was paid by check. If you paid for packet shipping when you registered, and your packet already shipped out, the shipping fee and cost of the giveaway will be deducted from the credit amount.
*Credit card refunds: If the date of the refund request is more than 60 days after the date the participant registered for the event, a race credit may be issued instead of a credit card refund, at the discretion of the SCMT.
**Race Credit will be issued in the form of a coupon code, which can be redeemed online through the SCMT RedPodium registration pages for any of our races in the New York area of 24-hour duration or less. Coupon expires 1 year from date of issue.
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team reserves the right to update this policy at any time