Self-Transcendence La Jolla Swim & Run
A one-mile ocean swim at La Jolla Shores followed by your choice of a 10K or 5K run on beach at low tide
About the event
2018 Date: Sunday, May 20 at 7:30 a.m.
The Self-Transcendence La Jolla Swim & Run begins with a one-mile ocean swim and continues with a 10K or 5K run at La Jolla Shores Beach (on a loop course along flat-packed sand at low tide).
All staging, check-in, etc. takes place at La Jolla Shores Beach. Athletes should park in the La Jolla Shores parking lot or along the local streets. There is plenty of parking available early in the morning.
Pre-registration is strongly recommended but day-of-race registration will be available from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. at La Jolla Shores Beach.
All athletes will be required to sign a Liability Waiver on race day. Athletes under 18 years of age must receive prior permission from the Race Director and must bring along a parent to sign the waiver on race day. All athletes are required to wear their paper race number bib during the run portion of the event (and a body number during the swim).
1-mile Swim and choice of 5K or 10K Run
View course map »
- 7:30am La Jolla Shores
- Pre-registration: $60 Individuals, $80 Relay
- Day-of-race: $70 Individuals, $90 Relay
- Swim-only or Run-only: $40 (call to enter)
ContactVasudha (Race Director)
- Awards for each age group: 19/under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70/over
- Awards for top Men's, Women's & Mixed relay teams
Pre-registration is available through May 16 and can be done via mail, phone, or online entry. We highly recommend pre-registration--you save money and there's less stress for you (and us) on Race Day. Race bibs with chip timing will be picked up race morning. There are no refunds for pre-registered entries.
Day-of-race registration is available from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. at La Jolla Shores Beach.
Ways to Enter (prior to May 16):
1) By mail: Download entry form from provided link (top right of the web page). Mail in with a check made out to SCMT. Relay team members should each complete an entry form and submit them together. Mail entries to SCMT, 4142 Adams Ave. Ste 103, Box 127, San Diego, CA 92116.
2) By phone (with credit card): Call 619-251-6321. There is no additional charge.
3) Online: Click here to enter through Active.com (additional fee charged by Active). Note that only participants 18 and over can enter via Active.com. To register an athlete under 18, please call Race Director.
For additional information, please call Race Director at 619-251-6321.
All athletes are required to check in and get their race bib with timing chip. All staging will take place at La Jolla Shores Beach. Please park there (ample spots available in the early morning at the La Jolla Shores Beach parking lot). Athletes will set up their own running shoes, clothes (with Race Number bib attached) and other belongings in the Transition Area. Just prior to the start, a race official will walk athletes south along the beach to the swim start. The swim is an out-and-back from La Jolla Shores Beach. (As of 2017, the event no longer starts at La Jolla Cove.) Relay runners will wait for their swimmer at the designated Relay Zone near the Transition Area.
Please contact the Race Director at 619-251-6321 if you want to do only the Swim or Run portion of the event. Discounted entries are available for these categories, but a separate race number is required. Swim-only and Run-only participants get all race amenities (Transition Area, T-shirt, Refreshments, Timing, Results, etc.) but there are no awards for these categories.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...