New York Self-Transcendence Swim/Run
Join us at Lake Welch Beach, NY on Sunday, 8th September 2013 for a short and friendly race you will absolutely love.
New York's newest aquathlon:
The Self-Transcendence Swim/Run in Harriman State Park in upstate New York consists of a 1 km swim at Lake Welch Beach and a 10 km run through the forest and following the shores of Lake Welch.
Through a well marked and beautiful course, home-made lunch, medals for all finishers and especially a large community of committed and encouraging volunteers we try to offer a race atmosphere where beginners and veteran athletes alike can excel and transcend their own previous limits.
This race offers an incredible opportunity for athletes who want to build on their current swim training or triathlon training programs, and is a great option for people considering beginner, mini, or sprint triathlons, minus the cycling! Overall, aquathlons are a formidable introduction to the world of multi-sport competition, and this event is certainly the perfect introduction!
Sponsored by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in conjunction with the NYS-OPRHP Parks System. Registration is from 8:15 am to 9:30 am on race day and the start of the race is at 10:00 am.
This year's field limited to 100 participants.
Thank you to all the participants, friends and volunteers who helped to make this year's race a success!
- Post-race vegetarian picnic provided
- Aid Stations every 3 km
- Relay option available (try www.myrelays.com to find a relay partner)
- Wetsuits encouraged
- Free race t-shirts for participants with official entries (sale of t-shirts for race-day entries subject to availability)
- Beautiful race setting, clear waters and a green forest landscape!
- A safe and friendly atmosphere
- 10% and 20% discount for groups of 5 and 10 respectively. Please send your applications in one envelope. A relay team entry counts as one.
HOW TO ENTER:
View the Course Map
ABOUT SRI CHINMOY:
For more information call us (Boijayanti or Suchitra) at (516) 710-8084 or email us at nyswimrun (at) srichinmoyraces (dot) org
Self-transcendence gives us joy in boundless measure. When we transcend ourselves, we do not compete with others. We do not compete with the rest of the world, but at every moment we compete with ourselves.
- Sri Chinmoy