Sri Chinmoy Thanksgiving Day 5K & 10K
A flat and fast course through scenic Flushing Meadows Park!
About the event
The Sri Chinmoy Thanksgiving Day 5K & 10K races feature a scenic, flat and fast 5K loop around Flushing Meadows Park!
Park Fundraiser: All proceeds of this race go to Flushing Meadows Park!
Sponsored by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in cooperation with the NYC Parks Department.
PERKS & AMENITIES:
Free parking, bag check, aid stations every mile, free T-shirt, medals for all finishers, and our famous post-race pancake breakfast!
Men’s and Women’s awards categories:
5K: Under 50: Top 7, 50-59: Top 3, 60-69: Top 2, 70 & over: First place
10K: Under 50: Top 3, 50-59: Top 2, 60 & over: First place
REGISTRATION & FEES:
Please see details below
- 10:30 am
- $20 Early Registration
- $30 Race-Day
- View course map »
- 10:30 am
Registration and Fees
Early registration: 5K: $20, 10K: $30 through November 11 (online or by mail)
Late registration: 5K: $20, 10K: $30 from November 11 through November 16 (online only) (t-shirts not guaranteed)
Race-day registration 5K: $30, 10K: $40. 8:30 - 9:30 AM on race-day. Cash, check, money order ONLY. (Sorry, no credit cards).
Kids Race: please see details below
Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
Number pickup will be on race day only, between 8:30-9:30 AM
There will be a kids race for children under 13, at 9:45 a.m. Maximum 400 meters - distances will depend on the number of the age and number of participants. Registration is $2 and is on race day only, starting at 9:00 a.m. Each child will be issued there own race bib number and receive a small prize. Please email email@example.com if you plan to enter your child so we can be sure to have enough prizes.
Free race T-shirts guaranteed for all participants registered by November 10.
For participants registered from November 10 to November 16, remaining T-Shirts will be available after the race on a first-come first-serve basis.
T-Shirt sizes are Unisex: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2XL
Men’s and Women’s awards categories:
Under 50: Top 7
50-59: Top 3
60-69: Top 2
70 & over: First place
Under 50: Top 3
50-59: Top 2
60 & over: First place
Medals for all finishers
Awards Ceremony at 10:45 AM for 5K, 11:15 AM for 10K
Post-Race Pancake Breakfast!
Hot pancakes are even more enjoyable after you’ve run a race, and we’re cooking them up fresh for everyone on race day! (yes, of course they're free!)
Participants in either race have until 11:30 am (1-1/2 hours) to finish.
5K: 13 years or older
10K: 15 years or older
The closest subway station is Mets-Willets Point on the number 7 subway line (view MTA subway map).
Click to open 'Race-Day Central' in Google Maps (note: if you are driving there do NOT use this link)
Exit the train and follow the signs to Flushing Meadows Corona Park. This will lead you across a bridge. Essentially, you'll first head for the Unisphere - pass it - and then walk over the footbridge over the Long Island Expressway to get to the race staging area at Meadowlark Circle at the North end of Meadow Lake. It’s a little more than 1 mile from the Subway station to the race staging area (the perfect warm-up jog!). View map of walking route from Mets-Willets station to race.
As you are making your way to Race-Day Central, you will likely cross the running route of another race that is happening earlier in the morning in the park, please don't get this race confused with our race.
** IMPORTANT ** IMPORTANT **
Due to major construction in the area of Flushing Meadows Park north of Meadow Lake, currently the only route to the parking lot next to 'Race-Day Central' is to enter the park from westbound 69th Road, just past the intersection of Park Drive East. If you've been to our races before, this is NOT the usual route into the park.
Also, due to one-way roads, exiting the park is via a slightly different route.
Because navigation apps do not recognize some of the roads inside the park and are not up to date with the road closures due to construction, we recommend the following:
1. Use this google map link to navigate to westbound 69th Rd. using GPS. This is just outside the park.
2. Then follow the map and instructions on this PDF for driving from westbound 69th Rd. into the park and to Race-Day Central, which is about one mile inside the park.
Alternatively, you can follow these written instructions from the Van Wyck or Grand Central Parkway:
FROM SOUTHBOUND VAN WYCK EXPRESSWAY:
- Take Exit 11 "Flushing Meadows Corona Park / 69 Rd. - Jewel Ave."
- After 0.2 miles, use the middle lane to continue towards "Van Wyck Expwy / 69 Rd. - Jewel Ave." (do not follow exit on right that says"Flushing Meadows Corona Park")
- After 0.3 miles, exit right towards "69 Rd. - Jewel Ave."
- After 0.2 miles turn right at the stoplight. You are now on westbound 69 Rd. follow directions below "To parking lot"
FROM NORTHBOUND VAN WYCK EXPRESSWAY:
- Take Exit 11 "69 Rd. - Jewel Ave."
- After 0.1 miles, turn left onto Park Dr. East
- After 0.3 miles, turn left at the stoplight onto 69 Rd. / Jewel Ave. Follow directions below "To parking lot"
FROM EASTBOUND GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY:
- Take Exit 11 "69 Rd. - Jewel Ave.", merge onto service road
- After 0.4 miles (2nd stoplight), turn left onto Jewel Avenue.
- After 0.4 miles, get in the left lane and make a U-turn at Park Dr. East (2nd stoplight). You are now on westbound 69 Rd. Follow directions below "To parking lot"
FROM WESTBOUND GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY:
- Take Exit 11E-W "Jewel Ave. - 69 Rd."
- After 0.1 miles, stay to the right towards "Jewel Ave. - 69 Rd."
- The exit ramp curves to the right and merges onto Jewel Ave.
- After 0.2 miles, get in the left lane and make a U-turn at Park Dr. East (2nd stoplight). You are now on westbound 69 Rd. Follow directions below "To parking lot"
TO PARKING LOT:
Directions begin from westbound 69 Rd., west of Park Dr. East
- After 0.1 mi, take exit on right for “Grand Central Parkway / RFK Bridge”
- After 0.1 mi, take an unmarked exit ramp on the right. Merge onto park road (Meadow Lake Dr.)
- After 0.3 mi, bear right to stay on Meadow Lake Dr. (DON'T bear left, you’ll end up on the Grand Central Parkway!) The first section of road here is a little rough and often has big puddles, but you’re heading the right way.
- After 0.6 mi, bear left at the fork.
- After 0.1 mi, turn right into the parking lot
To view the location of "Race-Day Central" on google maps, you can either click this google map link, or type in "Meadowlark Circle, Queens, NY 11375", but DON'T use GPS to try to navigate there from outside the park, it will try to send you through one of the entrances that are currently closed.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...