Sri Chinmoy 5K and 10K Sprint Series
A flat and fast course through scenic Flushing Meadows Park!
About the event
The Sri Chinmoy 5K & 10K Sprint Series races follow a scenic and fast loop through Flushing Meadows. Come out and support your park - all proceeds of this race go to Flushing Meadows Corona Park!
A USATF certified loop starting at the north end of Meadow Lake, passing the iconic World's Fair Unisphere, Pool of Industry, Queens Zoo and Queens Museum of Art. 5K = 1 loop, 10K = 2 loops.
90 min time limit to complete either race
Children must be 13 or older to participate in the 5K or 10K.
USATF course certification NY16032JG, NY16033JG
REGISTRATION & FEES:
Please see details below
Bag check, aid stations every mile, free T-shirt (if registered by Oct 31), post race refreshments for all participants, medals for all finishers.
KIDS FUN RUN:
There will be a kids fun-run for children under 13, at 10:30 a.m. 100 meter and 400 meter distances - depending on the child’s age. Registration - $5 - is on race day only, starting at 9:30 a.m. Each child will receive a small prize. Please email email@example.com if you plan to enter your child so we can be sure to have enough prizes.
5K: Men and Women
Top 7: Overall
Top 3: 50 to 59
Top 2: 60 to 69
Top 1: 70 and Over
10K: Men and Women
Top 3: Overall
Top 2: 50 to 59
Top 1: 60 and Over
RACE PACKET PICKUP:
8:30-9:30 a.m. on race day. 5K and 10K races have a simultaneous start at 10:00 a.m.
DIRECTIONS PLEASE SEE BELOW!
- 10:00 am
- $20 prepaid
- $30 day of race
- View course map »
- 10:00 am
- $30 prepaid
- $40 day of race
- View course map »
Kids Fun Run
- 10:30 a.m.
- $5 - Day of race only
ContactBoijayanti or Suchitra516.710.8084Send Email
- Trophies: Men and Women
- 5K: Men and Women
- Top 7: Overall
- Top 3: 50 to 59
- Top 2: 60 to 69
- Top 1: 70 and Over
- 10K: Men and Women
- Top 3: Overall
- Top 2: 50 to 59
- Top 1: 60 and Over
- Medals to all finishers!
- USATF NY16032JG, NY16033JG
How to Enter
PROCEEDS FROM OUR NOVEMBER 5K AND 10K RACES SUPPORT FLUSHING MEADOWS CORONA PARK!
BY MAIL: $20/5K, $30/10K must be postmarked on or before October 31
ONLINE: $22.50/5K, $32.50/10K online until Nov 13th
RACE DAY: $30/5K, $40/10K 8:30-9:30 a.m., Cash, check or money order ONLY. NO CREDIT CARDS.
- Free race T-shirt for participants who register by October 31st
- Certificates to be mailed for top 3 finishers in each age category
- Medals for all finishers
- 5K Awards
- Trophies to top seven finishers men and women overall
- Trophies to top three men and women 50-59
- Trophies to top three men and women 60-69
- Trophy for the top male and female finisher 70 and over
- 10K Awards
- Trophies to top three finishers men and women overall
- Trophies to top two men and women 50-59
- Trophies to top one man and woman 60 and over
- Aid stations
- Kids fun-run at 10:15 am following 5K race - $5 - registration on race day only
- Beautiful and historic race setting
- Award Ceremony at 10:45 AM for 5K, 11:15 AM for 10K
- Race results to be posted within 24 hours of race
There is a large parking lot (free parking) right next to the race staging area. By far the easiest way to get there is by using Google Maps navigation: Click to open race-day registration location on Google Maps, or type in "Meadowlark Circle, Queens, NY 11375"
We do NOT recommend using other navigation apps, including Apple Maps, Waze, etc., as most of them will take you to the wrong location in another part of the park, or on the wrong side of the expressway. (Flushing Meadows is a VERY BIG park)
Below are written driving directions if you’d like to navigate the old-fashioned way. There are lots of twists and turns, so please follow the instructions very carefully, otherwise you can get very lost, very quickly!
From Eastbound Long Island Expressway:
1. Take exit 22A-E Grand Central Parkway/678 Van Wyck Expressway
2. After 0.1 mi, stay left towards East 495 Long Island Expressway/678 Van Wyck Expressway (Don’t take the Grand Central Parkway!)
3. After 0.3 mi, stay in the middle lane to take Exit 22E College Pt. Blvd. (Don’t take the Van Wyck Expressway!)
4. After 0.2 mi, turn left at the traffic light onto College Pt. Blvd.
5. After 0.7 mi, turn left at the second traffic light. (smaller street, no name)
6. After 150 ft, turn left (no street name)
7. Go 100 ft (pass under the expressway), turn left at the T junction onto Meridian Rd. (there is a Flushing Meadows sign at the intersection with an arrow pointing left towards Meadow Lake)
8. After 0.1 mi, (at the first stop sign) turn left onto Meadow Lake Rd. W
IMPORTANT: Please obey 10 MPH speed limit inside the park!
9. After 0.2 mi, (passing underneath several expressway overpasses) stay to the right at the fork, and then keep right.
10. After 0.3 mi (just after passing underneath another overpass) the parking lot entrance is on your left.
The race staging area is beyond the far side of the parking lot, near Meadowlark Circle.
FROM WESTBOUND LONG ISLAND EXPRESSWAY:
Take exit 22B toward College Point Blvd/678 Van Wyck Expy
After 150 meters, turn right onto Rodman St.
Immediately get in the far left lane (left turn only), then go through the light across College Pt. Blvd. and make first left turn (no street name), then follow the directions from step 7 of the Eastbound Long Island Expressway (above).
FROM WESTBOUND GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY (towards RFK Bridge)
Take Exit 10E-W 495 Long Island Expressway / Eastern Long Island, then stay right to exit 10E 495 Long Island Expressway/Eastern Long Island/Riverhead, then follow the directions from step 3 of the Eastbound Long Island Expressway (above).
FROM EASTBOUND GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY (towards Eastern Long Island)
Take exit 10W-E 495 Long Island Expressway/Manhattan/Eastern Long Island
After 0.3 mi, keep right to exit 10E, you will loop around onto the LIE service road, then follow directions from step 3 of the Eastbound Long Island Expressway (above).
FROM THE NORTHBOUND VAN WYCK EXPRESSWAY
Take exit 12A College Pt. Blvd./Long Is Expwy/Eastern Long Is
After 0.5 mi, bear left at the fork onto College Pt. Blvd.
after 0.8 mi, turn left at the third traffic light (unnamed road), then follow directions from step 6 of the Eastbound Long Island Expressway above.
FROM THE SOUTHBOUND VAN WYCK EXPRESSWAY
Take exit 12A College Pt. Blvd / 495 L I Expwy / Eastern L I
After 0.3 mi, turn right at the light onto College Pt. Blvd.
Make the next possible right turn. the road is unnamed, but there is a small green sign with an arrow “USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center”
Turn right at the stop sign, follow directions from step 7 of the Eastbound Long Island Expressway above.
The closest subway station is Mets-Willets Point on the number 7 subway line (view MTA subway map).
Exit the train and follow the signs to Flushing Meadows Corona Park. This will lead you across a bridge. Essentially, you'll first head for the Unisphere - pass it - and then walk over the footbridge over the Long Island Expressway to get to the race staging area at Meadowlark Circle at the North end of Meadow Lake. It’s a little more than 1 mile from the Subway station to the race staging area (the perfect warm-up jog!). View map of walking route from Mets-Willets station to race
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...