A Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon and Relay
Flat, Fast, and Scenic!
About the event
Join us on Sunday, October 25, for the Fourth Annual Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon at Rockland Lake State Park, featuring a scenic, "pancake flat" and fast course around the lake. The perfect PR race!
What, not up for a Half-Marathon, you say? For a morning of fun, grab some friends and sign up for the Half-Marathon Relay!
8:30 AM start for all races
Sponsored by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in cooperation with the New York State Parks System.
Slideshow of Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon at Rockland Lake State Park
- 8:30 AM
Registration and Fees
Day of race registration will be available from 7:30-8:15 am on race day.
Register by mail: (avoid processing fee) Download entry form. Entry must be postmarked NO LATER than Friday, October 9 to be accepted.
Early registration: $40 through Friday, October 9 (by mail, or online)
Late registration: $50 through Friday, October 23, 5PM (online only)
Race-day registration: $60, 7:30-8:15 AM on race-day, IF available. Cash, check, money order ONLY. (Sorry, no credit cards). Please check back on Oct 24 to see if race-day registration will be offered.
Remember: Register early and save yourself a few bucks, guarantee yourself a T-shirt, and make things easier for us!
Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
A scenic paved pathway around Rockland Lake, accurately measured USATF certified course. Start is near Parking field 5, beginning with one 1.3 mile "mini-lap" (out-and back section along the south end of the lake), then four complete 2.96 mile laps of the lake (clockwise), finishing again near Parking Field 5. For the purposes of lap counting, the initial 1.3 mile section is called a "mini-lap", the subsequent four complete laps are considered laps 1,2,3,4. View Course Map >>
Half-Marathon Relay Rules
- There are 3 relay team categories: All male, all female, or mixed. The team's category is determined by the gender makeup of the team after online race registration closes.
- Each relay team must have 2 to 5 team members.
- Each team member must complete at least one lap (or the "mini-lap" at the beginning of the race). The 1.3 mile mini-lap + 4 full 2.96 mile laps = Half-Marathon.
- If the relay team has 5 members, 4 members must complete one full lap each, 1 member must complete the mini lap ONLY.
- If the relay team has less than 5 members, at least one team member must complete more than one lap (whether the mini-lap, or a full lap). It's up to the team's strategy which team member(s) complete the extra lap(s), and in which order the laps are completed.
- Each team will be given an official relay baton. The baton must be carried on all laps, and passed from one teammate to the next inside the designated relay transition zone (near the start line)
- All relay team members must pre-register either by mail or online through our RedPodium registration page.
- For online registration, the first team member to register must "create" a relay team as they register
- Additional relay team members must register and pay for their entries separately, making sure to sign up for the same relay team.
Number pickup will be on race day only, at Race-Day Central between 7:30-8:15 AM
Free race T-shirts guaranteed for all participants registered by Friday, October 9.
For participants registered after October 9, remaining shirts will be available after the race on a first-come first-serve basis.
T-Shirt sizes are Unisex: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2XL
Half-Marathon - Men's and Women's awards categories
Under 50: Top 7
50-59: Top 3
60-69: Top 2
70 & over: First Place
First place each for top men's team, women's team, and mixed team
Medals for all finishers
Awards ceremony at 11 AM
Post-Race Pancake Breakfast!
Hot pancakes are even more enjoyable when they’re earned, and we’re cooking them up fresh for everyone on race day!
All participants have until 11:45 AM (3 hrs 15 minutes) to finish the race, which is a minimum average pace of 15 min/mile.
Half-Marathon: Open to ages 16 & up
Half-Marathon Relay: Open to ages 13 & up (10 & up if participant is running the 1.3 mile "mini-lap" ONLY)
Rockland Lake State Park is about 45 min North of NYC, off the NY State Thruway (Rt I-87). There is no public transportation to the park.
Please read through these directions completely before starting your drive:
Rockland Lake State Park is a big park, by far the easiest way to navigate to Race-Day Central is to start out by using this google map link which will take you to the northern park entrance off of Route 9W (at Lake Road). Alternatively, you can enter the following address into any GPS, which will take you to the same park entrance:
962 S Route 9W, Congers, NY 10920
Then, immediately after turning into the park, make your first right turn towards Parking Field 5. Follow the road down for 1 mile (pass Parking Field 6), Parking Field 5 will be on your left. Race-Day Central will be between the south end of the parking lot and the lake loop pathway.
Please note that the southern entrance off of Route 9W is also at "Lake Road" (we know... it's totally confusing), that's why we recommend using the link or address above, then follow the written directions the last mile.
You can also click this link for the exact location of the race staging area in Google maps, however if you are driving from points south of Rockland Lake, most GPSs will try to take you through the southern park entrance off of Route 9W, and the road leading to Parking Field 5 from this entrance is CLOSED. That's why we recommend using the first link (or address), then follow the written directions.
DO NOT type "Rockland Lake State Park" into your GPS, you'll end up in the wrong part of the park at the north end of the lake, 1-1/2 miles away from the race!
IMPORTANT: you must enter any parking lot inside the park BEFORE 8AM to avoid being charged the $8 NYS Parks imposed vehicle fee.
If Parking Field 5 is full, backtrack (go North) 3/4 mile to Parking Field 6. (Allow 10 minutes to walk back to Race-Day Central)
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...