Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon
Flat, Fast, and Scenic!
About the event
** We're sorry, this race has sold out. We will have a Thanksgiving Day race in Flushing Meadows Park, please check back soon for details**
Join us on Sunday, October 25, for the Fourth Annual Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon at Rockland Lake State Park, featuring a scenic, "pancake flat" and fast course around the lake. The perfect PR race!
8:00 AM Men's Wave Start
8:10 AM Women's Wave Start
Sponsored by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in cooperation with the New York State Parks System.
Alll proceeds from this event support the Self-Transcendence 3,100 mile race, the world's longest certified foot race.
Slideshow of Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon at Rockland Lake State Park
The following is a list of measures we are taking in order to help protect the health and safety of both participants and race personnel. As the situation is fluid, this page may be updated. Please make sure to add [email protected] to your address book in order to receive important email updates.
- This race is capped at 50 participants. You must register in advance, there will be no race-day registration.
- in the 14 days prior to the event if you 1) experience COVID-19 symptoms, or 2) test positive for COVID-19, or 3) come in close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case, you may not attend the event.
- Only registered runners with their race bib pinned to the front of their shirt will be permitted in the race staging area. Sorry, no guests / spectators.
- Face coverings and physical distancing (min. 6 ft.) are mandatory at all times in the race staging area.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the race staging area and at aid stations.
- Prior to the race start, runners will stand on rows of marks spaced 6ft. apart leading up to the start line. There will be two separate start waves: men runners at 8AM (white bibs), women runners at 8:10AM (yellow bibs)
- Face coverings are required during the race when physical distancing is not possible.
- Sealed water bottles will be available at aid stations in lieu of water cups.
- After finishing, please exit the race area as soon as you can.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days following the event, you must notify us immediately. We will cooperate with contact tracing efforts, including notification of potential close contacts, while maintaining confidentiality required by state and federal law and regulations.
Registration and Fees
Register Online through RedPodium (Processing fee applies)
$40 through Monday, October 5
$50 through Friday, October 16
$60 through Friday, October 23, 5PM, or until the race sells out.
Strictly no race-day registration. Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
A scenic paved pathway around Rockland Lake, accurately measured USATF certified course. Start is near Parking field 5, beginning with one 1.3 mile "mini-lap" (out-and back section along the south end of the lake), then four complete 2.96 mile laps of the lake (clockwise), finishing again near Parking Field 5. For the purposes of lap counting, the initial 1.3 mile section is called a "mini-lap", the subsequent four complete laps are considered laps 1,2,3,4. View Course Map >>
There will be no packet pickup on race day.
All participants will be receive their race shirts and bibs in the mail in advance of the race, to further limit on-site interactions on race-day. The cost of shipping is included in the race registration fee. You will be notified by email when your package ships. Please help us by registering early, entering a valid U.S. shipping address, and adding [email protected] to your address book to ensure you receive notifications.
Free race shirts for all participants. Sizes are Unisex: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2XL
Men’s and Women’s awards categories:
Under 50: Top 3
50 and over: First place
Awards will be mailed to winners after the race. There will be no awards ceremony at the race.
Medals provided for all finishers
All participants have until 11:30AM to finish the race, which is a minimum average pace of 15 min/mile.
All participants must be 16 or older on race day.
Rockland Lake State Park is about 45 min North of NYC, off the NY State Thruway (Rt I-87). There is no public transportation to the park.
Please read through these directions completely before starting your drive:
Rockland Lake State Park is a big park, by far the easiest way to navigate to Race-Day Central is to start out by using this google map link which will take you to the northern park entrance off of Route 9W (at Lake Road). Alternatively, you can enter the following address into any GPS, which will take you to the same park entrance:
962 S Route 9W, Congers, NY 10920
Then, immediately after turning into the park, make your first right turn towards Parking Field 5. Follow the road down for 1 mile (pass Parking Field 6), Parking Field 5 will be on your left. Race-Day Central will be between the south end of the parking lot and the lake loop pathway.
Please note that the southern entrance to the park off of Route 9W is also at "Lake Road" (we know... it's totally confusing), that's why we recommend using the link or address above, then follow the written directions the last mile.
You can also click this link for the exact location of the race staging area in Google maps, however if you are driving from points south of Rockland Lake, most GPSs will try to take you through the southern park entrance off of Route 9W, and the road leading to Parking Field 5 from this entrance is CLOSED.
DO NOT type "Rockland Lake State Park" into your GPS, you'll end up in the wrong part of the park at the north end of the lake, 1-1/2 miles away from the race!
IMPORTANT: you must enter any parking lot inside the park BEFORE 8AM to avoid being charged the $10 NYS Parks imposed vehicle fee.
If Parking Field 5 is full, backtrack (go North) 3/4 mile to Parking Field 6. (Allow 10 minutes to walk back to Race-Day Central)